All (or some) of this gear is used for the photographs you currently see on this site. Often I have to borrow to get some of what’s listed, but when I’m fully stocked, I have all of this gear to work with:
- Main Camera: Sony A7r II (Amazon) – My preferred camera for a number of reasons. This mirrorless is small, light and powerful. Highly recommended.
- Second Camera: Sony A7R (Amazon) – The first introduction I had to full-frame mirrorless came with this one. Still a workhorse and I use it to carry my prime lens for quick shots.
- Third Camera: Apple iPhone 7 Plus (Apple) – Phones don’t supplant good shooters, but the camera on this phone is incredible.
- DJI Phantom 3 Standard Drone (Amazon) – Not the highest-end or newest drone, but the Phantom 3 is still a great entry point into the world of drone photography.
With the cameras, I use these lenses:
- Sony FE 55mm F1.8 ZA – SEL55F18Z (Amazon) – A wonderful 55mm prime lens that I use when I have one of the A7’s. This one takes beautiful shots in almost any mode.
- Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC – FE14M-E (Amazon) – I’ve been doing wider angle shots trying to get more into my landscape pictures and this lens fits the bill.
- Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS – SEL24240 (Amazon) – For more range, this wonderful Sony telephoto lens is a great value.
Other really awesome tools in my camera bag:
- Kenko Kenko DG Extension Tube Set (Amazon) – When I want to do a macro shot, I pull out one (or all of these) and attach them between my body and lens to get closer. A great way to go macro without the cost.
- Peak Design Capture Clip (Amazon) – I attach this clip to my bag to get a really good, quickly accessible mounting solution. Most that see this fear losing the camera, but it has worked well in most carefully used situations.
- 3 Legged Thing Punks – Rick Carbon Fiber Tripod & Airhed (Amazon) – A solid and light tripod is essential when you’re in the field looking for a good shot. This tripod does most of what I want and is small enough to fit in a weekend bag.
- Peak Design Black Slide Camera Strap SL-2 (Amazon) – For the camera-only photo walk situations, you’ll need a solid strap to protect your camera. This is the best.
- Lens Pen Cleaner (Amazon) – You’ll need to occasionally clean the dust off your lens, and this cheap duster is a must.
And, the bag itself: Peak Design Everyday Messenger 15″ (website)