I found a bunch of entirely useless facts I thought you might find cool.
-The word “queue” is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are removed.
– Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.
– Of all the words in the English language, the word ‘set’ has the most definitions!
– What is called a “French kiss” in the English speaking world is known as an “English kiss” in France.
– “Almost” is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
– “Rhythm” is the longest English word without a vowel.
– In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child
– A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off!
– Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
– You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath
– There is a city called Rome on every continent.
– It’s against the law to have a pet dog in Iceland!
– Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day!
– Horatio Nelson, one of England’s most illustrious admirals was throughout his life, never able to find a cure for his sea-sickness.
– The skeleton of Jeremy Bentham is present at all important meetings of the University of London
– Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people
– Your ribs move about 5 million times a year, everytime you breathe!
– The elephant is the only mammal that can’t jump!
– One quarter of the bones in your body, are in your feet!
– Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different!
– The first known transfusion of blood was performed as early as 1667, when Jean-Baptiste, transfused two pints of blood from a sheep to a young man
– Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails!
– Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin!
– The present population of 6 billion plus people of the world is predicted to become 15 billion by 2080.
– Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
– Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian, and had only ONE testicle.
– Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.
– Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a “Friday the 13th.”
– Coca-Cola would be green if colouring weren’t added to it.
– On average a hedgehog’s heart beats 300 times a minute.
– More people are killed each year from bees than from snakes.
– The average lead pencil will draw a line 35 miles long or write approximately 50,000 English words.
– More people are allergic to cow’s milk than any other food.
– Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand.
– The placement of a donkey’s eyes in its’ heads enables it to see all four feet at all times!
– The six official languages of the United Nations are: English, French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish.
– Earth is the only planet not named after a god.
– It’s against the law to burp, or sneeze in a church in Nebraska, USA.
– You’re born with 300 bones, but by the time you become an adult, you only have 206.
– Some worms will eat themselves if they can’t find any food!
– Dolphins sleep with one eye open!
– It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open
– The worlds oldest piece of chewing gum is 9000 years old!
– The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds
– Queen Elizabeth I regarded herself as a paragon of cleanliness. She declared that she bathed once every three months, whether she needed it or not
– Slugs have 4 noses.
– Owls are the only birds who can see the colour blue.
– A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years!
– A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue!
– The average person laughs 10 times a day!
– An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain