I had an idea, why not see how this would go? I’m always looking for more people to read my blog, so I thought that if I offered you the chance to win something for spreading the word – you might appreciate it. No strings attached. I pay for the Netbook and I’ll pay for the shipping. If you don’t want to help spread the word, that’s fine too – you’ll still get a shot.
Here’s the contest:
I have a jar of loose change (pictured) that is being counted by a digital tracker my girlfriend was nice enough to buy me. I want you to guess the exact amount of money in this jar…..
Note: This contest is now closed. Thank you to all that entered.
I will not add any more coins to this jar – it is exactly as you see it in the pictures. The person who guesses right, wins. The contest will close on Feb 15th, 2010. I will update this page with more details and the netbook shipped shortly after.
Feb 14th – I have pictures of the Netbook to share. Here’s what it looks like:
Feb 9th – Some have asked about how they might enter this contest if all they use is Facebook. Did you know that you can send an email right out of Facebook? To enter the contest with Facebook – go to your Facebook messages and click on the button (top-right) labelled “+New Message”. Enter the details this way (and send):
Feb 4th – I have been asked how a second guess could be arranged if you don’t have a Twitter or Facebook account? That’s ok! Just create an email with a link to this blog – this link: http://url.cwl.cc/fkwgi – and just be sure to carbon copy email@example.com in the email (so i know that you did it). Send a second guess and I’ll take it!
Feb 2nd – Some have asked for pictures that will help with the size of the jar. I have taken pictures of the jar with a standard sized CD-ROM.
1. There are no coins in this jar above .25 – no $1 or $2 coins
2. All the money in this jar is in 99% Canadian funds – there is no need to convert currency, just get the amount displayed by the counter right
3. You have to guess the number recorded by the digital counter, this may not have been 100% accurate – comon! I put each one of those damn coins in one-by-one!
How you enter:
This is the easiest contest ever! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line like this:
Money in the jar: $0.01
Be sure to include a full name in your email so I know who you are. If you are the winner I will contact you by email for more details (shipping address, etc).
Want a second entry?
Show me (by screenshot or some other means) that you have re-tweeted or shared this blog post (use this short link: http://url.cwl.cc/fkwgi) with your friends. Please be sure to show me “how many” friends you reposted the link to. That’s it – I’ll take a second entry from whatever email address you use (only the first two entries you send).
There have to be a few ground rules:
– You have to be in a location I can ship this to. If you aren’t, I’m sorry your entry will be voided
– If there are more than one winning guesses, I will take the money value of the prize and split it by the number of winners and send that money to you
– Entries have to be by email, if there is more than one entry from the same email address, I will take the first entry. Only entries mailed to email@example.com are valid.
– If you are the winner, you agree to let me tell everyone who you are
– You cannot win if you are connected to or affiliated with Calwell Inc.
Specifications (for those interested):Acer Aspire one AOA110-1588 Netbook
Color: Sapphire Blue
Intel Atom Processor N270 (512KB L2 cache, 1.60GHz, 533MHz FSB)
1GB DDR2 533 SDRAM
16GB (8GB + 8GB NAND Flash SSD)
802.11b/g WLAN 10/100 LAN Webcam
8.9″ WSVGA (1024X600)
3 cell battery Preload with XP Home Edition