Certainly, no one can breathe this week without hearing about Apple’s recent announcements. That news flooded the Internet, but it certainly wasn’t the only thing going on. Here are some of the interesting stuff I’ve come across recently. Do head to these sites and get involved in the discussion – you’ll be glad you did!
- Three Takeaways From Today’s WWDC Keynote – The very awesome John Gruber talks about what we can take from Apple’s recent announcements. I think the “Fuck you , Google” should have been #1.
- The Antivirus Era Is Over – An interesting take on how ineffective Anti-Virus software has been in handling more sophisticated attacks like “Flame”. The “is dead” or “era is over” kind of article may smack of link-bait, but there are some fascinating ideas here. I think something does have to be done in virus defence that tracks the attack – not the software attacking.
- Samba 4 in beta – The awesome Linux-based software that forms Windows networks (without WIndows) is now in beta and getting closer to release. The ability to build a functioning Active Directory is one of the bigger features supported.
- One problem technology has yet to solve: distracted driving – Where you fall on the “distracted driving is evil” side of the argument doesn’t change the fact that technology has a huge opportunity if they can solve a problem that can’t be fixed by human (or legal?) means.
- MacBook Pro with Retina Display Teardown – The details everyone has been waiting for, Ifixit takes apart the Macbook Pro with Retina Display so we can all see the guts.
- Wrong, Wrong and Wrong (Wrongly Corrected) – A cautionary tale for any aspiring or active blogger that prefers not to look stupid comes this week’s funniest error and a correction that is almost as dumb.